Our award-winning, beloved Cornish Pasty is the real deal and has Protected Geographical Indication to prove it!
Beef, potato, swede & onion with a dash of seasoning to provide that distinctive peppery taste which is loved across the whole country, wrapped in 80 layers of light, puff pastry.
Do it any other way and it simply can’t be called a Cornish Pasty.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ garlic clove minced
- 2 slices of bacon
- ½ onion
- 160g green beans
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Slice the bacon, dice the onion and mince the garlic.
- Heat the oil and minced garlic in a frying pan over a medium high heat until the garlic starts to cook. Then add the onions and cook until softened and slightly brown. Whilst cooking, add the green beans to boiling water and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the sliced bacon to the frying pan.
- Drain the green beans and add to the bacon and onion until thoroughly mixed.
- Season to taste with a pinch of salt and pepper and then serve immediately.